There are two different ways to input a data capture into HeavyWorth: the HeavyWorth web app (which we’re looking at first), and the iPhone/Android mobile app for smartphones (which we’ll cover at the end of this document).
Let's talk about which application of HeavyWorth you should use, depending on the situation.
To start, they talk to each other. What does this mean? If you input information using the website, it is available on the mobile app and vice versa, as long as you have a data connection.
Added features also include the mobile app offline mode; simply put your phone into Airplane Mode, do the complete data capture using the HeavyWorth mobile app, and it will upload once you have a data or WiFi connection. This is particularly helpful when you’re out in the field and far from an available cell tower.
Reasons to use web app vs mobile app
Huge data capture
- Phone battery life is a concern
- Cell phone data plan restrictions and limits
- No cell phone or older cell phone without smartphone functionality
Pre-existing data capture
- Updates only that don’t require being onsite - save the trip, have it emailed to you and update
- New equipment added or deleted by owner
- Changes to service meters that don’t require being onsite
Equipment owner participation
- They have taken their own photos and have the information to share with you
- Owner prefers confidentiality
- They don’t have access to HeavyWorth applications
Training and testing purposes
- You just want to see how it works and not do an official capture
- This is available on both platforms, just let us know it’s for training/testing purposes
- You have an hour to capture 20 pieces of equipment at three locations
- You’re running late with no time to spare. Take photos and upload them later.
- Having your upline input the full data capture for you
- Improper function
- Inclimate weather
Reasons to use mobile app vs web app
Onsite for data capture
- Easiest way to input data
- You’re in charge of cataloging equipment and preparing it for an evaluation
- You can insure that it’s done properly and includes all relevant information
- If you need to revisit the site, you can easily add or subtract equipment
- “When you want it done right, do it yourself” adage
Accessibility and portability
- You have all of the tools you need in the palm of your hand
- Works on both Android and iPhone platforms.
- Don’t have to be in the office with a laptop, Wi-Fi, digital camera, Google Docs, etc.
- Multiple site visits in one day
- Saves time doing it directly in the field while you’re visiting the customer
- Take the time to talk to your customer, build the relationship and add their expert knowledge of the equipment you’re preparing to get evaluations on. They’re going to be your best source.
- Hands-on experience for the equipment owners for future use and eventual transition to the DIY process.
Whichever platform you choose to go with will depend upon your comfort level, expertise and other factors. If you have questions or concerns regarding which to use, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In our opinion, if you’re out in the field, use the mobile phone HeavyWorth app. It’s the easiest way to capture all of the data and have little to no down time while waiting to input data. The HeavyWorth web app and mobile app sync up to each other and you’ll have full access to any information you’ve updated or added on the website from your cell phone. If you’re not comfortable using this technology, let us help you! Training and support are available to you, just reach out to us!